Monday, May 16, 2011

Okay, so this is it...

A blog?

I've never done a blog before, and I've never had much interest.  Who is going to read this, why would they read this?  And wtf would I be writing?

Danielle is going to read it, and probably add me to her Blog things on her awesome blog.  She'll read it to make sure I'm doing stuff.  Other people might read it, also....  I'm sure I can link it to my facebook.

So then that leaves one question.  What would I write about?

So I did what I do best.  I think to myself. WWRD.  Which translates in to What Would Rich Do?  Instead of playing mind-reader I just asked him.  He said everything and nothing.  that's the beauty of having a blog.

Really, that doesn't do it for me.  I can't just write about everything and nothing at the same time.  Something has to have relevance.  While I can talk a good nonsensical nonsense, I can't WRITE about it. [Wow, I can't believe nonsensical is a word.  Meaning, it isn't underlined in red begging me to correct it.]  I won't open the crazy door to my brain, because that is just insane in there.  Lately, especially, my brain is running on over-drive.

I was completely unsure about writing a blog, but signed up for it.  Then I updated my "wedding website" and said... heck, this is easy!  We'll see about that, though.  It might not be as easy as it seems.  Especially without having many topics.  I could come up with a few, I'm sure.  Especially since I have the cutest kid that does the funniest stuff I've ever seen.

So now I have topics, or I assume I have topics, I need super fancy editing to make my page exciting to read.  Let's be honest, if it doesn't look interesting, it probably sucks.  At least that's my theory.  Content holds interest, but layout, design, and pictures get attention.

So while I consider my venture in to layout, I should wash the dishes.  Enough with the slacking.  After I do the dishes, I'm going to attack Rich with fury.  Because we, together amazingly, are going to figure out what kind of things we're putting on our wedding registry.

That's right, in case anyone was wondering, I'm getting married to Rich [You know, that guy] next year.  While I'm very excited about it, I'm also nervous as hell.

Look, there's another topic!

This might be easier than I thought!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you gave me a shout out! LOL Happy blogging, friend. I have a feeling you're going to love this. :-)

    www.danfredorivera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete